At the launch of the 2011 Leinster Senior Hurling and Football Championships in Portlaoise, Leinster Chairman Martin Skelly unveiled the value offerings available to fans this Summer.
“We recognise the circumstances that many of our supporters are experiencing this year. We have very loyal supporters and we want to offer them choices when it comes to attending our championship,” Skelly said.
The Leinster Value Package gives almost everyone the option of attending the games at a discounted rate available across five categories.
- Students benefit from rebates of up to 50% on the full ticket price.
- Senior Citizens likewise will enjoy up to 50% rebates.
- The Family Tickets offering can also represent up to 50% savings for a family group with U-16 family members paying just €5.
- Under-16s can take advantage of the U-16 Club Group rate which is applied for through the club and carries a rate of €3 per U-16. Accompanying adults – one for every 10 U-16s – are free.
- This summer an Adult Club Group offering is also available. Applied for through the club it allows groups (minimum 15, maximum 50) to avail of a discounted ticket price.
All these discount offerings will apply to every Leinster Senior Championship game this summer.
“Our ticket prices have remained static for five years now, which has been a deliberate policy of Leinster Council GAA to make our games as accessible as possible for our supporters. We also have a positive policy of encouraging young people to attend our games, with €3 and €5 options for under-sixteens”
All the evidence is that this policy works very well with an average of 25% of attendances at Leinster Senior Championship games in 2010 opting to take advantage one or other of the available packages.
With the addition this year of the Adult Club Group ticket, Leinster expects to see that 25% of average attendance figure increase significantly.
“I particularly like this Adult Club Group ticket for a number of reasons,” the Leinster Chairman said. “Firstly we are recognising the position of the club member, secondly we are encouraging group travel, thereby eliminating the inconveniences and costs associated with using private cars, and it will also introduce a group dynamic, with anything up to 50 club members and friends enjoying a group day out.”
Martin Skelly encouraged all county boards and clubs to get behind the value offerings and ensure that every club member and supporter is fully aware of what is available to them.
All information on the various Discount Value Packages are on www.leinstergaa.ie.