New Match Regulations will be operative in the 2013 Allianz Leagues and Inter County championships.
1. A maximum of five Team Officials are permitted to remain in the Pitch
Enclosure during the game, i.e. Bainisteoir, Maor Foirne, Medical Person and
two Water/Hurley Carriers.
2. All other Team Officials including Selectors, second Medical Person,
Cathaoirleach and Rúnaí shall remain in the designated area provided for
3. Depending on the facilities available to you for your home games, the
designated area for substitutes may be a dug out, a seated area in the stand
or other appropriate enclosure.
4. Both Medical Personnel may enter the field of play to attend to an
injured player on the instruction of the referee. It is important that the
Medical Person who is seated with the Substitutes have uninhibited access to
the field of play to allow him to react in an emergency. We would advise
consulting with your teams’ Medical Personnel in advance to ensure the
positioning of the second medic allows for appropriate uninhibited access.
5. The Bainisteoir is permitted to move along the marked exclusion line, one
metre outside the sideline from the 65m line to the 45m line (on the side of
the pitch in front of his team’s dugout/designated area).
6. An Rúnaí is permitted to move to the Sideline Official to relay details
7. Helmets must not be worn for Team Photographs, during the pre-match
Parade or when Amhrán na bhFiann is being played.
8. Sideline seating should be available for three people only –
Bainisteoir, Maor Foirne and Medical Person.
Some other points which should be noted include”
a.. One match bans received by players arising from their final game of the
2012 Senior Championship carries over to the first game of the
2013 Allianz League.
b.. Two match bans received by players from their final or penultimate game
of the 2012 Senior Championship carry over to the first and second game of
the 2013 Allianz League (as relevant). If you require clarification on any
suspension then please contact Patrick Doherty on email@example.com.
c. A discussion on dealing with injured players took place last weekend at
the National Referee’s Seminar. It was agreed that there will be strict
adherence to Rule 1.5, T.O Cuid II, 2012 for the coming season. The
relevant rule reads: ” play shall not be stopped for injury to a player,
except in exceptional circumstances to enable a seriously injured player to
be treated on the field or removed from the field of play”. Please bring
this to the attention of your Team Management, Players and Medical
d. Finally, you are also reminded that hurlers who are Eligible in
accordance with Riail 6.9 T.O 2012 and wish to declare for a “Weaker”
Hurling County must do so annually and you should note that the Closing date
for such applications is 31 March.