Young Wexford Hurlers to Step Up to the Challenge
Centra to host community hurling event in Innovate Wexford Park with stars Austin Gleeson and Lee Chin.
14th June 2016
Budding hurlers from Wexford will have a chance to show off their skills on Saturday 18th June as Centra host a community hurling event in Innovate Wexford Park with hurling stars Austin Gleeson and Lee Chin. The event is part of Centra’s Live Well initiative which promotes healthy living and encourages people to get active.
Austin Gleeson and Lee Chin will be putting participants to the test with the #LiveWell Target Challenge at the event, as clubs aim to secure a place at the ultimate day out in Croke Park later this year. The winning Wexford club, along with 11 other clubs from around the country, will get the chance step foot on the famous pitch and receive hurling skills sessions from some of the best hurlers in the country. As well as this, they will receive an all access pass to behind the scenes areas of Croke Park, a stadium tour and museum tour to understand the history of Ireland’s national sport.
Centra, who recently announced the extension of its sponsorship of the All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship to 2019, will be encouraging fans to live well and get active this summer through their community hurling events taking place in 12 different locations. The events will see thousands of children receiving hurling skills sessions with inter-county stars, along with healthy eating tips and hydration suggestions to promote healthy living. There will be lots of other family entertainment on the day including face-painting and a hurling simulator. The event commences at 10am on Saturday 18th June in Innovate Wexford Park. The hurling skills session is open to boys and girls of all standards from age five to twelve.
To sign up for the community hurling event and to step up to the #LiveWell challenge you can register in participating Centra stores –
- Sinnot’s Centra Irishtown,
- Murphy’s Centra Rosslare,
- Kiley’s Centra Killinick,
- Flood’s Centra Ramsgrange,
- Power’s Centra Castlebridge,
- O’Callaghan’s Centra Enniscorthy,
- Goff’s Centra Bridgetown,
- McSorley’s Centra Ballinaboola,
- Caulfield’s Centra Campile
- Kenna’s Centra Whitemills.
Throughout the summer Centra will have a series of #LiveWell hurling challenges, led by King Henry, encouraging the nation to pick up a hurl, test their skills and upload their videos online in order to win superb prizes.
The second challenge, which is open for entries until 26th June, is the ‘Centra Local Landmark Challenge’ where entrants get the chance to bring someone home for the All-Ireland. All you have to do is snap a picture in front of your local landmark, accompanied by your hurl and upload it to social media using #LiveWell. For more information on how to take part go to www.centra.ie or follow Centra Ireland on social media.
Centra #LiveWell Hurling Challenges:
- The Centra Crossbar Challenge – the crossbar challenge was taken to a new level for a chance to win shopping for a year in Centra. Entries now closed.
- The Centra Local Landmark Challenge – it’s your chance to bring someone home for the All-Ireland. All you need to do is a take a hurling photo in front of your local landmark – be that a county, national or international landmark. Open for entries from 6th June to 26th
- The Centra Sideline Cut Challenge – not something everyone can master! This is a great one for the family to try with the winner receiving the very special prize of being a flag-bearer at the All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship Final. Fans can submit entries from 27th June to 17th
- The Centra Hurling Tricks Challenge – there’s no rules to this challenge, the more creative the better. The best video will win tickets to the All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship final. Open for entries from 18th July to 7th
- The Centra Bin Challenge – get the team together to submit your entry from 8th August – 9th The winning team will win fruit and water for throughout next year’s season.
For more information on Centra’s community events or the #LiveWell challenges throughout the summer go to www.centra.ie.