The 50th Jim Byrne Cup competition is commencing in January 2017.
To mark the 50th anniversary of the competition the committee has decided the following:
- Each club that enters will receive a special edition Jim Byrne Cup 50th anniversary O’Neill’s size 5 football
2. The winners will receive a training trip to the Gold Coast Hotel and Resort, Dungarvan. This resort has on site Gaa training facility including full size Gaa pitch. As part of their prize the winners will receive a coaching session from a top inter county coach. This reward is subject to terms and conditions
3. The winners of the O’Loughlin Cup and Martin Cullen Cup will receive €500 towards training gear. The runners up of the O’Loughlin Cup and Martin Cullen Cup will receive €150 towards training gear.
4. Runners up Jim Byrne Cup will also receive €500 towards training gear
5. It is also planned to have an event/function to mark the 50th anniversary where representatives from all previous winners will be invited
Entries are invited from all clubs. The closing date is the 9th of December 2016. Clubs entering are to forward the entry fee to Fintan Whyte, Grange, Campile, Co Wexford. The entry fee is €25. It is intended to start the competition on Sunday the 8th of January 2017. Any queries please contact the competition secretary Fintan Whyte on 087 6840373 or Chairman Shay Keevans on 086 2364942
Shay Keevans Fintan Whyte