The following motions were carried at this weeks Wexford GAA County Convention.
Motion 15 (Carried) : Urban Transfer Motion
Coiste Bainisti Loch Garman
The Parish boundary as obtained on the 1st January 1972 shall continue to be the accepted boundaries for GAA purposes in Wexford. Subject to the Exception below, or unless exempted by the CCCC a player, including underage and adult, must continue as a member of the Wexford Town Club of which he was a member on the 1st 2016. This bylaw to remain in force until 1st November 2019. All relevant bylaws to be amended/deleted as appropriate.
- A Member of a club in Wexford town who satisfies the CCCC that his permanent residence has changed to the catchment of a club outside Wexford Town boundary may be granted a transfer.
- A Member of a club in Wexford Town who wishes to return to his first club, as defined in the TO, may be granted a transfer.
- A Member who did not play for any club for a calendar year will be a free agent and may apply for a transfer to another club within Wexford Town only.
- A Member of a club in Wexford Town whose permanent residence is currently outside Wexford Town may transfer to the club in whose catchment he/she permanently lives.
- In special circumstances, including situations brought about by domestic or family matters, health related situations, or where other extenuating matters arise, a transfer application to which neither club involved objects will be subject to assessment by an arbitrator prior to submission to the CCCC for final decision. The arbitrator shall be nominated by the Wexford Town Clubs for the period of the bylaw and ratified by the County Committee
- Where a transfer is granted is granted under 3,4 and 5 above the transferred player must remain with that club for a period of no less than 3 calendar years
- In Circumstances where a club cannot field a team at under 14, 16 or minor the Arbitrator as specified in 5 above, may make arrangements, subject to CCCC approval, to facilitate the players concerned within their own age groups, Such arrangements may include transfer, temporary transfer for a specified period.
- An Adult Member whose club does not field a team, or unable to field a team, will be a free agent and may apply for transfer to another club within Wexford Town only.
- All transfer applications, made under paragraph 1,2,3,4,5,7 or 8 above, shall be submitted in accordance with transfer regulations prior to the 1st of February.
Motion 14 (Carried) Proposed Amendment to Rule 3.58
St Mary’s Rosslare GAA
Rule 3.58 Gaelic Players Association
The Gaelic Players Association is recognised as the official representative body for senior inter-county players.
Be amended as follows:
3.58 Gaelic Players Association
The GAA accepts the right of players to have an official voice as the most visible and active group in our Association
- The Gaelic Players Association is recognised as the official representative body for senior Inter-County Players.
- The Club Players Association is recognised as the official representative body for club players at all grades eligible for adult teams.
Motion 5 (Carried) A Minimum Fitness level for Referees
HWH Bunclody GAA
A Minimum fitness level and exam result is set for referees to determine which level of completion they are eligible to officiate. Same to be set by referees committee.
Motion 10 (Recommendation)
Clock on Scoreboard to be used for all Matches
Motion 11 (Recommendation)
Public Address System and Scoreboard to be up graded
Motion 12 (Recommendation)
Could the issue of absenteeism of umpiers and linesmen be addressed by the County Board before start of 2017 games