Despite a great late rally from Wexford in the 2nd half with the Dubs leading 1-9 to 0-20 with a 11 minutes left to play and Wexford raising the last 5 white flags to bring 3 between them, Dublin had done enough in the opening half to prevent a positive result for Wexford
Ross Banville, who scored 11 frees, and goal scorer Jack Cullen were excellent for Wexford
The whistle-happy nature of the game suited Banville and Dublin’s Sean Currie, the free-takers for the respective sides. Banville’s dead balls accounted for all but one of Wexford’s six points in the opening half, while Currie scored 0-7, including five frees.
Dublin led Wexford by 0-10 to 0-6 at the interval and would have been further in front but for eight wides
Dublin now face Kilkenny who hammered home a 30 point victory against Laois 6-21 to 0-9 in this year’s Leinster Minor Final
Scorers for Wexford: Ross Banville 0-11 (0-11f), Jack Cullen 1-1, Charlie McGuckin 0-2.
- James Henebery, 2. Conor Scallan, 3. Gavin Sheehan, 4. Cathal O’Connor. 5. Michael Codd
- Eoin Molloy, 12. Jamie Meyler, 11. Kyle Firman, 9. Eoin O’Leary, 10. Charlie McGuckin
- Diarmuid Doyle, 14. Sean Nolan, 13. Jack Devereux, 7. Jack Cullen, 15. Ross Banville
- Tom White for Firman (41)
- Sam Wall for Boyle (41)
- Eoin Murphy for Nolan (51)