WEXFORD GAA LAUNCHES STRATEGIC PLAN 2021-2025
Wexford GAA has launched a five-year strategic plan entitled “Ar Aghaidh Linn le Chéile”(Onwards Together).
Speaking at the launch of the plan, Wexford GAA Chairman, Micheál Martin said, “This plan will be the most ambitious plan ever launched in the history of Wexford GAA. The groundwork has been laid in the last four years and we are now in a position where we can confidently set out our vision for the decade ahead across a number of areas and covering a broad spectrum. The plan is detailed and will be closely governed by being an agenda item at all Co Board meetings. “
Headline targets in the plan include:
· Increase the number of Club Games Promotion Officers (GPOs) to work with children and coaches to ensure that every child plays. Since 2017, participation rates of 6-11 year olds has increased by 25%.
· Five hundred children per year will participate in the VIP (Very Important Player) Programme. This will offer a quality sporting experience to children with special educational needs who may find it difficult to successfully participate on mainstream sports teams.
· Develop a unique Centre of Excellence and Inclusion in Ferns with pitches for men’s and ladies’ teams and a sensory garden to act as a hub for our VIP Programme.
· Hurling 365 now reaches 88% of pupils in Wexford (over 12,500 primary pupils)
· Expand Wellness Programme to one thousand pupils per year and increase the community programme which is held every May.
· Establish a Development Programme to cater for the holistic development of our best young players aged 17-21 to deliver a structure to ensure that we consistently challenge for top Honours in the coming decade. This will be supported by a High-Performance Committee with the best sporting minds from Co Wexford including Billy Walsh (Team USA Boxing), Ciaran Deely (QPR FC) and Declan Browne (IT Carlow) among others.
Micheál outlined “Achieving our targets will require an investment of €5 million over five years. We will launch a Cairde Loch Garman Premium programme to help us attain our vision of transformational change within Wexford GAA and within every community in our county. We have a top-class coaching structure in the county that is recognised by teachers and parents as the best in class. We will further develop this area as we enhance our reputation as the leading organisation in our county for well-being, inclusivity and excellence”
For more information on how you can join the journey with Cairde Loch Garman please see http://www.wexfordgaa.ie/cairde-loch-garman-premium/
Pictured at the launch in Chadwicks Wexford Park are: L to R: Shane Roche (Wexford Senior Football Manager), Micheál Martin (Chairman, Wexford GAA) and Matthew O’Hanlon (Wexford Senior Hurling Captain).
Click the image below for the Wexford GAA Strategic Plan 2021-25
Plans to complete the Wexford GAA Ferns Centre of Excellence & Inclusion: