We are seeking applications for the role of Head Groundskeeper and Facilities Manager. Reporting to the CEO, the successful candidate will have overall responsibility for pitch and facilities maintenance at all Wexford GAA owned facilities.
- Maintenance and presentation of the pitch in Chadwicks Wexford Park and surrounds to the highest standards
- Preparing the Chadwicks Wexford Park pitch for games and training sessions
- Overseeing maintenance of pitches in all Wexford GAA owned facilities
- Devising and implementing fertiliser and soil management programmes
- Operating and maintaining machinery
- Developing and agreeing grounds maintenance budgets for all Wexford GAA owned facilities
- Coordinating the scheduling of pitches with games organisers and team managers
- Developing of a Turf Farm in Halo Tiles Wexford GAA Centre of Excellence
The successful candidate will have a proven record of grounds management, in-depth knowledge of fertiliser use and soil maintenance, excellent communication and team leadership skills and, ideally, a recognised qualification in grounds management/greenkeeping or a related field.
Candidates interested in the above role can apply by submitting an up-to-date cover letter and Curriculum Vitae by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to FAO: Gavin O’Donovan, Chadwicks Wexford Park, Clonard Road, Wexford. The deadline for applications is Thursday, 10 February 2022.